Sagami General Depot is located in the city of Sagamihara, Kanagawa Prefecture, Honshu, Japan. Sagami Depot is home to the 35th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion (CSSB), Defense Commissary Agency Central Distribution Center, Defense Logistics Agency for US forces in Japan, and Army Medical Storage.
Haiku Depot is the GUI Package Manager for Haiku. It can be compared with Ubuntu Software Center, or similar software repositories. It makes it possible for the user to manage repositories, list and search available packages and pull out additional information regarding the packages. The additional information consists of screenshots, user ratings and translated package information such as description and change log.
On the Campbell Islands, depots were located at Hut Cove, Anchorage Bay. A depot was established on the rocky Bounty Islands. In 1891, while on a cruise in search of the missing ships Kakanui and Assaye, Captain Fairchild of the Hinemoa noted that the Bounty Island depot had been destroyed by waves, even though located 100 ft above sea level. Attempts were made to land wood for rebuilding, but bad weather prevented the completion of the task.
The depot was constructed in 1915 on Latrobe Terrace, Paddington by the Brisbane Tramways Company to service its western suburbs routes. Initially the depot had 10 roads, but it was subsequently lengthened and widened to 13 roads.
On the Auckland Islands, depots were established on the main island at the inner reaches of Norman Inlet, and at Erebus Cove, Port Ross (where there was also a boatshed). The boatshed and ruined depot are the only historical buildings left at Erebus Cove.
It was on the side of a hill and was largely timber and corrugated iron panels. The front of the depot was at street level, but owing to the slope of the site, the rear of the depot was supported by a forest of timber supports, some over 50 ft high.
A number of these depots are still in situ and are managed by the Department of Conservation (DOC); these include the 1908 hut on Antipodes Island, the 1880 Stella Hut on Enderby Island, and the boatshed on Enderby. The 1890s castaway depot at Camp Cove, Carnley Harbour, on Auckland Island was identified in a 2003 DOC survey as "worthy of inclusion on the 'actively managed' list." DOC also maintain other historical sites on the islands, including shipwreck relics.
The presence of the railroad depot led to a boom in housing construction in Cookeville. Residences were built along or near the tracks, and a shanty town known as "Boxtown" developed in the vicinity of what is now Cookeville Regional Medical Center. Shops lined the road between the depot and the courthouse square, culminating in a large shopping mall known as "The Arcade," which was located across the street from the Putnam County Courthouse. The railroad also made possible the establishment of Dixie College and Tennessee Polytechnic Institute— the forerunners of Tennessee Technological University.
Nettlebeck, Brommy and Van der Groeben were depot ships for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd R boat flotillas, respectively. The 1st and 3rd flotillas were at Kiel, and the 2nd was at Cuxhaven. HMS Ambitious (F169), Celebrity and St. Tudno served as depot ships for minesweepers. Ambitious was stationed at Scapa Flow, and St. Tudno was at the Nore. Japan requisitioned Chohei Maru, Rokusan Maru and Teishu Maru from civilian service as depot ships for minesweepers.
Large upper-stage rocket engines generally use a cryogenic fuel like liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen (LOX) as an oxidizer because of the large specific impulse possible, but must carefully consider a problem called "boil off". The boil off from only a few days of delay may not allow sufficient fuel for higher orbit injection, potentially resulting in a mission abort. Lunar or Mars missions will require weeks to months to accumulate tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of kilograms of propellant, so additional equipment may be required on the transfer stage or the depot to mitigate boiloff.
The Nashville & Knoxville Railroad constructed the first railroad depot at Cookeville in the 1890s. The mere announcement of the company's plans for the depot "one half-mile west of the courthouse" caused property values in the western section of town to skyrocket. Along with the depot, N&K built a two-story office building, a reservoir, and several repair shops. The Tennessee Central replaced the N&K depot with the present pagoda-like structure in 1909, although it moved the service facilities to Monterey.
In summer of 1987 it opened as the Livingston Depot Center, operating as a museum and community center in the heart of the city, as it continues to operate today. The museum opens typically from late May to mid-September, and the facility during the off-season hosts wedding receptions, holiday parties, blues and other concerts, cards nights, historic talks, economic development forums, and similar events, and a model railroad club meets in its basement. During the Fourth of July weekend it hosts a festival of arts in the adjacent Depot Rotary Park running parallel to the train tracks. The facility also underwent a roof restoration and restabilization project from approximately 2004 to 2007.
The train depot will have three levels containing three separate depots for three different MRT lines. The underground portion will house a 66-track depot for the Downtown Line, and will be brought into use following the opening of Stage 3 of the line. The at-grade portion will house a 62-track depot for the future Thomson-East Coast Line, to be used following the completion of Stage 5 of the line. Finally, the elevated portion will house a 72-track depot for the East West Line, which will replace the existing Changi Depot. All three depots will operate independently of each other, a first for Singapore, and will be designed to be able to handle trains of different lengths, of 3, 4 and 6 respectively of the lines they operate on.
Requisitioned merchant ships HMS Aberdonian (F74) and Vienna (F138) and the French Belfort (U63) were used as depot ships for Coastal Forces of the Royal Navy. Aberdonian started at Fort William, Scotland, but spent most of the war at Dartmouth, Devon, while Vienna was in the Mediterranean. The Loch-class frigates Loch Assynt (K438) and Loch Torridon (K654) became coastal forces depot ships HMS Derby Haven and Woodbridge Haven, respectively.
The bus depot is a separate three-storey structure situated next to the train depot on the same site. Similar to Soon Lee Bus Park and Woodlands Bus Depot, it will contain workshops on the ground level, while the upper two levels will contain parking spaces.
The first landing craft carrier was completed by Japan in 1935. The United States Navy began launching dock landing ships in 1943. The 8,580-ton Beachy Head-class ships HMS Buchan Ness, Dodman Point, Dungeness, Fife Ness, Girdle Ness and Spurn Point were used as depot ships for Ramped Cargo Lighters during the last year of World War II.
The City of Cookeville, with help from the nonprofit group Friends of the Depot, currently maintains the Cookeville Depot as a museum. Along with the depot, the museum maintains a collection of train cars and railroad memorabilia. Engine #509, a 4-6-0 ten-wheeler built by Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1913, originally used by the Louisiana and Arkansas Railway, was acquired by the museum in 2002 from the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and its appearance modified to match contemporary Tennessee Central engines. The museum acquired an L&N bay window caboose (with a newer gray-and-yellow paint scheme, as opposed to the traditional red) in 1985, and in 2005 restored a red cupola-style caboose to its original appearance.
In April 2005, then New York State Governor, George Pataki – the former mayor of Peekskill – secured the initial funding for the Lincoln Depot Museum to be housed in the freight depot building. Groundbreaking for the project took place on February 9, 2011, by which time the Lincoln Depot Foundation had secured approximately $3 million. The building';s restoration was completed in May 2013, with help from New York's Office of Historic Preservation. The museum opened to the public on October 18, 2014.
After the departure of District trains, parts of the depot were redeveloped as a permanent way facility. The organisation of the site was haphazard, and the facilities were primitive, but the location was well-placed, enabling works trains to reach most parts of the system relatively easily. The site had acquired a building made of corrugated iron, which housed the stores and machine shops. There was an area where crossings were laid out, and other areas where sleepers, rails and fittings were stored. The sidings and marshalling tracks left behind after the District Railway moved their works were used to assemble engineering trains, before they were dispatched onto the network. One problem with the site was that it was hemmed in by railways and built-up property, which meant that there was no prospect of extending it. London Underground considered relocating the works on several occasions, either to give the engineers more room, or later, because property developers were keen to buy the site, but on each occasion, that option was rejected because the location suited its use so well.
and the French ships Courbet, Paris, Coucy and Diligente were used as depot ships for vessels patrolling the English Channel after the Second Armistice at Compiègne.